Monday 30 July 2007

[City2Surf.001] For Good Health, New House, Charity and Some Fun!

Answer to my "secret mission"...
My GP asked me to drop 5-10 Kg, and I also like to change my "couch potato" life style after work. Plus I probably need to keep fit for this long battle, sorry, I mean construction work in the next 8-12 months with our builder. So after discussion with family, I decided to attend this 14 KM city2surf thing next Sunday (12/8).

At the same time, I think it would be nice to raise some money for charity, hopefully also generate more traffic to my blog, and have some fun!



My exercise patterns in the past...
In the past few years, I did go to gym every weekend -> but that's mainly for my daughter's swimming lesson, I simply sit there and wait... My daily walking distance is about 1.2 KM from home to train station in the morning and another 1.2 KM back home after work. So both my wife and my concern is, will 14 KM be too much for me...

Testing testing...
I did a few trials in the past few days, "walking + light jogging" for about 7-8 KM daily. Other than my sore legs, my body seems to be coping it quite well. And I plan to slowly increase the distance and my speed every day. So I think I should be able to handle that. In the worst case, I can simply walk!!

"Youth off the streets" needs your help
So if you have some spare changes please kindly have a look at my fundraising page and any donation to "Youth off the streets" would be really appreciated. As usual, any amount over $2 are tax deductible.



Have some fun...
To make the whole thing more interesting, I am also thinking about offering the option of putting the company logo/preferred images of the person/company with the highest amount of donation on my blog for the next 6 months. Note: as this is a "G" rated site for family and kids, so only suitable images/logos will be accepted.

Ok, that's almost everything, what are you waiting for?

Again, my fundraising page in case you missed it...

Finally, like to thank my lovely family for their support! Big kiss!

Cheers
Allan

No comments: