Friday 3 August 2007

[Progress.023] Excavation Done!

Our excavation finished yesterday, just before today's rain. As shown below, there was mud everywhere...


As our backyeard is higher, I have to stand on top of the brick fence at the front to have a better angle for the 2nd photo - with my umbrella in one hand, and camera in the other...
The cut at the back was indeed quite deep, hope the rain doesn't cause any damage.

The level at the left hand side is slightly lower, match it with the drawing above on my blog title and you can see that's where the garage will be located.

We also have 2 more signs added at the front:


And look at what happened to my poor little tree protection fence at the back. This is the 3rd time now, I wonder how many times I have to re-do this poor fellow until our construction finished...


So that's it for the excavation, and are we really ready for concrete piers? I remember seeing the other one built by Masterton (on my way to station) actually have the plumber to do the sewage connection before the slab. May be that's after the concrete piering? Don't know, let's wait and see...

Quickly check the weather forcast again. For next Monday, Google said it's "Sunny" & Yahoo said "Partly Cloudy", excellent!

I like this kind of pattern: sunny or cloudy from Monday to Thursday, a little rain on Friday, then another 2 sunny days for it to dry. Then we won't have too much rain or too dry, and my construction can continue without too much disruption, everyone is happy!

2 comments:

Annette and Mark said...

I little bit of rain after the slab is poured is good. It'll make slab dry slower, meaning it'll be stronger and less prone to cracking. Fingers crossed!

Cookiemonster.

Allan said...

Thanks for the info. I remember our supervisor mentioned he will add some chemical to let the drying process of the slab slow down...
Have to wait and see how it goes.