Sunday 30 November 2008

[Progress.144] Is that water dripping sound?

Last night, or early this morning actually, around 12:30 am, I was awaken by this continuous strange noise, on and off every 10-20 seconds coming from somewhere around my bedside drawers. As it's quite annoying, I quickly tapped it with my mobile (yes, I got this bad habit of leaving my mobile next to me...). Tell me what you think it is (from 15th sec & 25th sec)...

It's coming from some where down below, I checked inside the drawers, but could't find anything. As we just had a heavy thunderstorm during the day time plus a short hail storm, we were quite worry if it's some sort of leaking somewhere...

I quickly dashed downstairs to garage to get my torch, checked every inch of walls around the area, still couldn't find any sign of leakage. But that annoying sound was still there! I then checked the wall of the room right behind our bedroom, still couldn't find anything.

I thought it's the lamp and switched off the power. Waited another few seconds and it started again, damn!

We moved the drawers away from where it was, and checked the walls around the back of the drawers but still couldn't work out where it came from.

I moved around the drawers and bed as slowly as I could for a while and finally worked out the sound actually came from the bottom of the drawers, not from inside the walls...

I bent down and found this little bug trapped in the spider webs/dust under the bedside drawer, struggling, trying to free itself. Whenever it twisted and moved its body, it makes that strange ticking sound which we thought was the water dripping sound due to water leaking...

The way it moves its body reminds me about the twin insects in the movie "bug's life". It's really fast and it makes the ticking noise...


What a relieve when we finally confirmed it's not a leak. As for the annoying little fellow, to "thank" him/her for the trouble, I captured the last few seconds of his/her stay in my house, covered in some tissue paper, before been flushed down the toilet. Sorry that it's quite unclear as the camera on mobile phones wasn't designed to capture close up objects...


What a night!

No comments: