Tuesday 27 November 2007

[Progress.073] First floor bricks washed/cleaned, 2 new issues, naughty neighbours striked again...

I took some photos of our newly finished 1st floor roof tiles on Sunday (25/11) as shown below. Everything looks perfect from this angle...

When I zoomed in a bit, I noticed something unusual...

And from a different angle, hay how come the hip roof above the front window wasn't finished yet?! What the $#@&$!@...

This is as close as I can get, and it wasn't that pretty from such close distance. I hope they get this fixed before lowering the scaffoldings for ground floor roofing... This will definitely be a new issue...

Then I found another issue, the window for ground floor study room was somehow removed and left in the powder room by the brick layers. Now looked what happened... From the way it's been broken, looks like someone must have accidentally step on it or dropped something on it...This is issue number 2...

Yesterday (26/11) on my way to work, I saw this truck parked at the front with a generator busy pumping water...

There's this guy busy washing/cleaning all the first floor external bricks at the back. I couldn't see him but only hear the loud noise of the spray gun. As shown below, for the first time I can see what our house looks like with all first floor windows closed... Those cross bars on the windows looks good!

This is what it looked like when I returned late Monday afternoon. As it's getting dark, to be honest I couldn't work out the differences before and after cleaning. Only noticeable thing is the darker colour as the brick and mortars are now wet...

From the back, by comparing the ground floor with the 1st floor, it's indeed a lot cleaner...

Finally, the bad news... Someone decided to dump rubbish on our site again... You can see an old turn table, some kitchen/cabinet doors...

A cook top, curtain rails, plastic table....

Even a suitcase! Hope there's nothing smelly in there...

We received a council letter today about the application for the construction of new 2 storey house right across our site, they are building with Eden Brae. I then checked council web site and found another house down the same street also put in their application for new 2 storey house at roughly the same time, and also with Eden Brae! Looks like it's going to be quite busy for the next 12 months with these 2new constructions. Also good news for whoever loves to dump rubbish as they now got 2 new targets!

No comments: