Our paving work started around 25/6 after the sand has been harden. As shown in photo below, the retaining wall work just completed, still very messy in other areas. The paving work started at the back near the alfresco area.
As shown below, the pavings were laid in a nice pattern.
I took this photo to show the level of the pavings were quite close to the tiles in the alfresco.
This photo is to show the drain temporarily covered with PVC cover, at the corner of the retaining wall.
This is the left side of the house with retaining wall completed but no paving work on this side yet.
Next day, paving work almost reached the front of the house.
The driveway also mostly completed.
The paving near the entrance still not completed yet.
This photo was taken the next day, you can see the bricks near the pipe next to the water tank was nicely cut.
Clearer view of the paving work near front entrance. I think they use the white pipe as a measuring tool for the curve.
The paving for right hand side completed. The steel posts are for the fence.
Few days later, the curve part of the driveway done. Joe put a few bricks around it to remind us the concrete wasn't completely dried yet, stay away!
The driveway, with the 2 curves at the top completed.
As the front porch is about 2-3 bricks higher than the driveway, we decided to add extra step at the front for easier access.
Our turf/lawn arrived as well!
After a few days, we finally have some lawn/grasses at our back yard, no more ugly, sticky mud! Only thing we need now is: rain! Notice the drain in front of the steps still not completed yet.
This is what it looks like the next day.
The right hand side corner, with completed paving work. Notice the drain cover was replaced with a proper one.
Joe also added an extra garden bed at the front near the entrance as we told him we like to plant some extra plants over there.
During the weekend we spent some of our time filling all the gaps with sand. Joe did finish part of it yesterday, but as there were plenty of sand left, we decided to add some extra sand on top to make it stronger...
We went to a nursery in Kenthurst and bought about 120 pots, sounds like a huge number to us but as shown below, when they arrived on Monday, it doesn't look that many actually. This is about 1/3 of them.
The other 2/3 I think. Might have to visit the nursery again to buy some more...
Next afternoon, Joe got all the plants in place after full day's work. This is the same area next to the alfresco. Compare to the photos above and you can see the huge differences.
This is at the back end of our land, behind the huge gum tree.
The front part, where the new garden bed was located.
The other side of the driveway. Have a look at the condition of the fence...
Only a few minor things left and we will be ready for final inspection to get our formal Occupation Certificate!
To be continued...