Saturday 24 October 2009

[Others.046] Where on earth is "Toowoon Bay"?

I read an article talking about property investors using real estate web sites to look for cheap houses.

Just for fun, I did a quick search for "Town Houses" under $300,000 in NSW on realestate.com.au, and it returned quite a lot of hits. I switched to "Map" view and moved around, the first one I checked was as below, this 2 bedroom townhouse in Toowoon Bay (The others were all too far away...)

I've been to The Entrance a few times, but have absolutely no idea about the rental market over there. So I switched to the "Rent" view, entered "Toowoon Bay" as suburb and as below, it returned 3 houses, all with 2 bedrooms and within $210-$245 range.

Next is the fun part. I switched to "Map" view again to see whese these 3 houses were located, and as below, strangely I got a blank screen. The bottom of the map says "Map data 2009 Europa Technologies", ok, but where is this?

I zoomed out a bit and as below, noticed some arabic writings all over the places. What the??

Walla! I zoomed out a few times and as below, found that it's actually pointing to Algeria in Africa, with Barcelona/Madrid of Spain just above. And the top of the page still says "Displaying 3 homes for rent in Toowoon Bay"!!

Must be my first time lucky, as I tried a few others and none of them seems to have this problem...
Any way, will report to realestate.com.au and hopefully they can quickly fix it...

1 comment:

David hogard said...

Building a house is a complicated project and utilizes dozens of subcontractors, workers and suppliers. Building or supervising a construction project requires a minimum of knowledge, but equally important, a tried-and-true method. Keep in mind that home design, plans and homebuilding can be quite time consuming, and may be quite a strain on you and your family if you try to do too much yourself. It is a big job in itself just to do the new home plans, oversee construction and deal with the numerous, sometimes complex, situations involved in home designs and house building. Plans for every aspect of building your home is the key to a successful project.


http://betterblog.ning.com/profiles/blogs/basics-of-building-a-new-home